Terms of Reference
ToR’s Program Coordinator Sindh (National Legal Incubation Center)
Pakistan Accelerator Legal Incubator (PALI) Program for Law Schools is first of its kind skill development program for law students and fresh law graduates designed and initiated by Fred P. Rooney (Father of Legal Incubator) and Peace & Justice Network (PJN) in Sindh and Balochistan with the support of US Mission Pakistan.
The goals of ALIP (much like those of social entrepreneurship models) are twofold. First, ALIP will support a corps of competent and committed law students and fresh law graduates by facilitating their smooth transition from law school to solo practice through capacity building in the areas of business and professional skill development. The program combines the best aspects of clinical legal education with the successes of incubator programs so that participants are better able to build sustainable, socially conscious solo or small firm law practices in Pakistan. Second, ALIP will primarily focus on the practical skill development of law students. Programming is designed to improve law students’ professional skills so that they will eventually become catalysts for the enhancement of increased access to justice for vulnerable populations and marginalized groups in Pakistan.
Provincial Coordinator Sindh, Pakistan Accelerator Legal Incubator (PALI) Program, a law school incubator skill development and mentoring program, is responsible for overall program coordination and delivery management of the PALI Program. Specific responsibilities includes:
- To execute, coordinate, assist and report progress of National Legal Incubation Center (NLIC) program activities in the Province.
- Coordinate with the targeted university/law schools for implementing the NLIC law student incubator program.
- Facilitate in building capacity of law schools/universities with the support of national and international experts for establishing and running law student incubator programs.
- Promote legal incubator programs in Province and facilitate its launch events.
- To provide support in developing and implementing the legal incubator specialized training Program (100 credit hours course) for law students and young lawyers and ensure its implementation by providing continuous mentoring support.
- To ensure and manage law students’ exposure visits and guide law graduates in establishing solo and small firm law practice.
- To manage and promote and organize community legal camps and online sessions with law students under a legal incubator program.
- Engage legal experts in conducting sessions under incubator programs and facilitate law students organizing sessions in courts/bars.
- To provide mentoring support in running professional legal training courses/program for law students and lawyers
- To facilitate in establishment the National Legal Incubation Forum
- Coordinate for designing and implementing specialized training courses on Human Trafficking for law students.
- Manage web-based NLIC Legal Excellence and Incubation Program Management System in close coordination with PJN national program team.
- Managing and organizing conferences, webinars, and virtual focus group discussions focused primarily on Women Lawyers
- Manage NLIC Studio and Social Media platforms for discussions, interviews, online sessions, and expert consultations around provincial activities.
- Submit weekly and monthly activity and progress reports against the work plan.
- To build close collaboration and coordination for achieving PALI objectives with the Bar Councils, Law Student Bodies, Law Department, Provincial Judicial Academies, Law & Justice Commission of Pakistan, Justice Delivery Institutions, Law Schools, Human Rights Organizations, Law Firms, and Law & Justice Standing Committees and others.
- To undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required by the Director NLIC and CEO PJN
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: LLB/LLM with expertise in legal education and rule of law programs.
Experience and specific expertise: 5 years of relevant work experience with ability to network with and develop a broad array of partnerships with all relevant stakeholders including law schools and universities, Bar Councils and Human Rights Institutions in Sindh and Balochistan. Experience of running a youth development program or lawyers’ skill building program will be an added advantage. Preference will be given to individuals with expertise in managing virtual programs and managed provincial and national forums. Specific expertise includes:
- Experience of working with law colleges and universities;
- Experience of devising and delivering entrepreneurship education and training;
- Experience of working within a fast paced, proactive and client focused/service oriented team.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent stakeholder and interpersonal management skills including the ability to develop and manage partnerships and to mentor, coach and support.
- Able to effectively market and promote initiatives and services creatively and with impact.
- A creative and innovative approach – identifying novel and fresh ideas to develop and promote initiatives.
- Proven exceptional organizational, project and event management skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workloads, work to deadlines, and use initiative where appropriate to provide a professional and responsive support service.
- Ability to act with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver training to large groups.
- Willingness to work flexibly including some evening and weekend work as required.
- Able to travel in the Sindh and occasionally across Pakistan
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NLICPakistan; Twitter: NLICPakistan; Website: www.nlicpakistan.com
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate for the position, please send your CV along with the cover letter explaining your suitability to the position at [email protected] not later than 3:00 p.m. November 6th, 2022.
Please write Vacancy Title (i.e. Program Coordinator Sindh – NLIC) in the subject line of the email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the test/interviews. NLIC is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity. NLIC reserves exclusive rights to select/ reject any application and declares no obligation in this regard.
Note: Women, minorities, transgender and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.